Saturday, February 14, 2009

VD

Valentines day! I'm not one of those that hate it nor HAVE to have it. I'm neutral. Mike and I know we love eachother and know it and don't need a day to express that specifically...but we still like to use it as one! :) I've been working all day and still here. I have an hour and a half left to go! We are going to dinner and a movie. He wanted a plant for VD. So...a plant he gets! He knows he is getting it too! Let me let you in on the plant ordeal. He has this plant...for some reason he is this total plant lover...anyway, he has this plant that he had when he was with his first wife Deanna. It's never bothered me, but I LOVE to tease him about it. I'm not that kind of person...we have things that they had when they were married all over. Not a biggie to me...anyway...so this plant is what get's all the grunt of it. I really just am not big into plants and it's really not a very pretty one. So, a few weeks ago we were playing the newly wed game with some friends and a question came up that was for Mike and I had to write my answer down and he had to guess what I put. So...the question was "what is one thing in your house right now that your wife wishes you would get rid of." Knowing that I love everything Mike has...he had no idea...until he really thought about it. I thought for sure he wouldn't guess what I put. He then had to say what he thought I put down...and guess what he said? "PLANT!" So, my turn to show what I wrote, "THE EX PLANT." Is what I put down. We explained to everyone and they laughed. So, he told me for VD that all he wanted was a new one! LOL. So like I said...then a plant he shall have! :) We are going to go to Chin Wah tonight for dinner when I finally get off this dang 12 hour shift! Anthony and Erica are joining us. How sweet is it that my nephew volunteered to babysit so we could go out?? Love him!!!
So Remington's surgery! We had the pre surg consultation on Friday. He doesn't have a SUPRA UMBILICAL HERNIA like we were told before. It's actually called an EPI GASTRIC HERNIA. So instead of his intestines poking through it's his stomache. I will post what the internet says...
(I have CUT and PASTED from the online thingy... :)

It has been determined that you have an EPIGASTRIC HERNIA (photo). Because of your current symptoms and/or findings, and the potential for persistent pain or complications arising from the presence of this hernia, surgical repair has been recommended. An Epigastric Hernia occurs due to a weakness, gap or opening in the muscles or tendons of the upper abdominal wall, on a line between the breast bone and the navel or umbilicus. This results in a bulge of intra-abdominal contents and/or pain or discomfort. This pain and discomfort is the result of nerves and tissue in this area being irritated or stretched as the surrounding tissue is also stretched. If these hernias enlarge, intestine may become trapped within the hernia leading to intestinal blockage or damage (Strangulation or Incarceration). This is considered a surgical emergency.

Crazy huh? The dr told me that the only thing we have to watch for is if it get's bigger between now and surgery and if Remington starts screaming in agony and non stop severe pain!! So hopefully that does NOT happen! His surgery is scheduled for April 21st. It's crazy...they don't even tell you a time. They call you the day before to let you know when it will be that day, so I'm keeping that day wide open. They do a FREE surgery tour at Primary Childrens. So the kids get to get into scrubs and tour the O.R. and the hospital and watch a video and play with toy surgery instruments and stuff. I'm excited for that, so is Remy. They say it's routine and easy but being a mom...I'm still worried. They say the dangerous part is the anesthesia for kids. I work in a hospital and have seen bad things go wrong with anesthesia...so maybe I'm just being over worried. I know things will work out... I'm just glad we will get it taken care of before anything happens in an emergency kind of way.

So, I am supposed to start this Friday coming up (20th) I'm hoping, of course, that I don't! I looked at a due date calculator and if I am prego, according to the date of my last menstrual period I would be due OCTOBER 30th! MY BDAY! That would be the BEST bday present ever!!!
Well...better get a few last things done before I have to leave. Still about an hour and 15 before I get to leave this place!

No comments: