Sunday, October 19, 2008

My mom's bday....




My mom just turned 59! I can't beleive it. I remember when my grandma was 59! How time flies. Now not everyone knows but I didn't live with my mom growing up. I lived with my grandma from 3 til she was in the hospital at almost 16. My mom and I were never "close". It wasn't until I was 18 when we really started to hang out and get close. It's gotten better since then. I love her. :)
It was her birthday Oct 15th which was a Wednesday. My mom is a karaoke D.J. (yes I said D.J....my 59 year old mom!) at different clubs on weekends and the same one on Wednesday's called the Barbary Coast. So, she had to work on her birthday this year. My brothers were both out of town for their jobs, my sister was hunting with her boyfriend, and I had my kids cause Mikey was at school. So my mom was feeling pretty bummed out that no one could be there to celebrate with her. So...I got Jen to baby sit for me and quickly pulled together a party. I was pretty happy with how it all went. I texted Crystal to see if she could maybe throw a cake together for my mom...if you don't know about Crystal and her amazing cakes...well, they are AMAZING. She said she could see what she could throw together. I then invited everyone I knew to come make my mom feel special on her day! Some couldn't come and it was totally ok. I know all of my friends would have been there if they could. So, Crystal, Emmie, Megan, Dave, Dianna, and Mikey (after he got out of school) all showed up! My mom had no idea and could not stop smiling. And when Crystal walked in with a cake...that she personally made just for my mom, my mom was extatic! She couldn't beleive that my friends cared so much to come for just her. I was so happy.
We all had such a great time taking a million pics and laughing at my mom being so silly. She may have had some shots...may have. :) I sang alot! I couldn't get anyone to sing with me...maybe next time huh? Speaking of shots. I did have one with my mom just for her birthday! Yep...Jaime had a shot....of coca cola! :) It was funny. You should have seen the coctail waitress's face when Scotty (my mom's Karaoke partner) ordered me a shot of just coke. So funny!
Everyone stayed until midnight and we had a such a blast. My mom had her last shot and it toppled her over. So Mike and I drove her home. I drove my mom's car and he followed. She started crying when we got in the car. She was so happy and couldn't thank me enough for doing all that for her. And made sure I told my friends how much it meant to her. Thank you so much guys! I will post pics Tuesday when I have the day off. :)

1 comment:

Emmie Lue said...

That was so much fun! I love your mom! I am excited to see the pics! :0)