Sunday, October 19, 2008

My icky Friday...











I dubbed Friday the worst day I've had in a long time. I am not a call in to work when I am sick kinda girl, I never have been. I just like working. Well Friday morning when I woke up, not only could I not talk, but when I tried to swallow, it felt like I had to force anything I tried to drink around a rock sitting in my throat and little rocks on the way down. I had this huge headache and my body was sore. Mikey said I needed to stay home and rest so I called in. He took the kids to the sitters like normal so I could just rest and not have to take care of them. Well, I tried to sleep as much as I could but I kept getting woken up with the guys who come take care of our yard. The lawnmower, the bush trimmer or whatever, weed wacker...you name it, they used it to keep me awake. So I finally just got up and took a hot steamy shower to try and clear out my sinuses. It helped a little. I got ready and went to get the kids cause Mikki had her 2 year immunizations appointment.
The appointment took a lot longer then expected because the pediatrician that we go to has a big connection with Mikki. She was his very first patient as a Dr. and when we go there he freaks out. He has to take her around and show her off to everyone. It's cute. We finally got done there and headed out from the clinic. Mike and his mom and sister were having lunch at Mike's brother's restaraunt "Granato's" and told us to come too. So we headed that way. I'm driving in the far right lane with a car in front of me and no one in front of that car. The light in front of us go's red and there is about 10 car lengths or more between the car in front of me and the red light. So we both start slowing down for it. I had quickly turned my head to console Mikki cause she was still upset about her shots. I swear it was for like a second...and besides I was slowing down for the light and I knew how far I had until I needed to stop. I've been driving for almost 10 years...I know how to sense when to stop. Well...this freaking lady in the car in front of me all of a sudden STOPS to let some guy in that was turning out of an apartment complex...still way far from the light. WHO DOES THAT when no one is in front of you??? So...I slammed on my breaks as quick as I could, but I still rear ended her. GRR! I was so scared and so upset. Mikki started screaming and Remy was like..."what the heck mom? That was so crazy!" So, I pulled into the apartment complex and so did the lady. She came over...I asked if she was ok and was apologizing up and down and she didn't answer, she just barked at me for my insurance. So I grabbed it and she yanked it from me and threw hers at me. I started writing it down and then she came over and was like, "did you call the cops?" I said, "not yet, I'm so sorry. I've never been in an accident before and I was really shaken and not quite sure what to do." She then said "oh you just don't think this is something the cops should be called for?" Totally snotty. She she just turned around and got on her phone. I was terrified. She came back after she got off the phone and told me the cops were on their way. I kept apologizing and she just said "I've been waiting 2 weeks to wash my car and JUST got it done. So much for that car wash huh? And...I just got my nails done last night...and just broke one." I again kept apologizing. She asked "what happened anyway?" So I began to explain it to her and she said..."well sometimes you just have to let a kid cry!" I was so furious by this time. All she had done was make snotty remarks at me! GRR. A cop finally showed up and apparantly it wasn't his jurisdiction so he started us on paper work, called another cop and left us waiting again. After we both did our paper work and the cop came he made us wait to do all his stuff and take pics. She then tried to small talk with me about work. I was ver short with her, and I think I had every right to be. Then...she popped off again..."well, now I can't go grocery shopping...cause you know, my car will be in the shop all weekend." Ok...so she's going to starve because I dented her trunk? I was so upset I was shaking like crazy! The cop finally came over and gave us our things and pulled me to the side. He was VERY sympathetic towards the situation and actually apologized for having to give me a ticket for the accident. He read both of our statements and agreed that she was in the wrong for doing what she did...he said "who does that?" I was like " I KNOW!!" But...law being law...if you look at it in any other way, I was "following too close" so I got the ticket. Needless to say, I was occupied for about 2 and a half hours and missed lunch. Oh...I forgot to mention that after we wrecked and she came over to bark at me...my stomach was so upset I threw up on the side of the road. And I hadnt eaten all day cause of the lump in my throat. Anyway...so yes...I did dub that day the worst day! Me and the kids are fine and that's really all that matters right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People are such jerks! I hit a lady in the parking lot of my work in January and she was so rude to me. It's like, accidents happen, jeez! I'm sorry you had such a bad day! :(

Whit said...

Oh Hon! I'm so glad you guys are ok! I freaked out when I got your text that said you were in a wreck! :( A wreck on top of being sick... man... I'm so sorry... If I had seen your status before I did I would have brought you soup :)

Love ya

The Brownings said...

Holy CRAP! What a BEEYOTCH!! I would have said to her..."i should have been watching but what kind of idiot stops in the middle of traffic to let somebody out!" I swear some people enjoy and even go out of there way to be Rude and Snotty!! Just remember a little thing called Karma it will bite her! Hope your feeling better! love ya

Geena said...

What a bitch.... :P I cant stand when people act like that! Honestly they call them accidents for a reason! Sorry about your icky Friday!! :( No fun!